The Truth About the Manhattan DA Witch-Hunt
As you have heard, radical New York District Attorney Alvin Bragg has initiated yet another phony witch hunt against President Trump. This attack is an egregious politicization of our justice system, designed to influence the 2024 Presidential race.
The witch hunt never ends, but President Trump will never be stopped. He is fighting for YOU.
Please feel free to share the below talking points far and wide with your constituents and followers.
Feel free to forward us links to any media hits or social media posts fighting the injustice so we can share with the President the incredible work that is being done to defend him against this blatant persecution.
TOPLINE TALKING POINTS:
- This is a Witch-Hunt – President Trump is completely innocent.
- This is election interference – Radical Left Democrats and the New York District Attorney’s office are politicizing our justice system to influence the 2024 Presidential race.
- This is unprecedented – never before has a former President been charged.
- This isn’t a prosecution, it’s a persecution.
- Since before President Trump was sworn in, Radical Left Democrats have attacked him with Russia, Russia, Russia; the Mueller Hoax; Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine; Impeachment Hoax 1; Impeachment Hoax 2; the illegal and unconstitutional Mar-a-Lago raid; and now this.
- The New York DA’s office chose their target first and have been hunting for a crime ever since.
- For the past three years, the New York DA’s office has scoured every aspect of President Trump’s personal life and business affairs, going back decades, in the hopes of finding some legal basis – however far-fetched – to prosecute him. And they’ve found nothing.
- These actions constitute prosecutorial misconduct and are un-American.
- Radical Left Democrat New York DA Alvin Bragg is leading a blatant and unconstitutional attempt to interfere with a Federal election by attempting to prosecute President Trump.
- Bragg is so radical – and so partisan – he received $1M from George Soros in his run for DA.
- Bragg is even a donor to Radical Left Democrat Senator Raphael Warnock.
- Bragg, who has been described in the media as “woke,” has faced intense criticism for his soft on crime agenda since the moment he took office.
- Overall major crime in New York is up by a whopping 22% from the year prior – punctuated by sharp increases in robbery, burglary and grand larceny.
- Bragg has been routinely criticized for failing to prosecute many of these incidents, choosing to spend his time instead going after President Trump.
- Congress should investigate this patently political prosecution.
- To go after a former President – for the first time ever – sets a terrible precedent and is not what our justice system is about.
- This will set off an irreversible chain of legal events that will tear apart our justice system. If a Democrat DA can target a political foe, so can a Republican DA.
- Legal scholars from both sides agree almost universally that payments of this nature are not in violation of Federal campaign laws.
- When these payments were made, President Trump was a candidate for Federal office. However, the New York DA does not have jurisdiction to prosecute alleged Federal campaign finance violations.
- The allegations in question are almost seven years old. The New York DA’s office is relying on a loophole to get around the statute of limitations in their unprecedented attack.
- To prosecute this case, the New York DA would have to rely on the testimony of Michael Cohen, who plead guilty to bank fraud and lying to Congress, and who has made a career of bashing President Trump in books, on network news, on podcasts, and even by selling t-shirts.
- President Trump was the victim of an extortion plot, yet he is the one being prosecuted.